Logo
Home

Lucknow High Court

Home > Lucknow High Court


As per the Indian High Courts Acts cleared in 1861 by the British Parliament, there is a provision not only towards the replacement of Supreme Courts of Bombay, Madras and Calcutta but also towards the establishment of the High Courts in various other places that are not under the jurisdiction province of another Indian High Court. The High Court of Judicature for the North-Western Provinces was established in 1866 at Agra under the Letters Patent of 17th March 1866 by replacing old Sudder Diwanny Adawlat.

The High Court of North-Western Province bears Mr.Simpson as first Registrar and Sir Walter Morgan as its 1st Chief Justice. The seat of this Court was transferred to Allahabad from Agra in the year 1869 and was renamed as ‘The High Court of Judicature at Allahabad’ as per the supplementary Letters patent provided on 11th March 1919.

The Oudh Judicial Commissioner Court was replaced by Oudh Chief Court at Lucknow on 2nd November 1925 by the Oudh Civil Courts Act, IV of 1925 exhibited by U.P Legislature in accordance with earlier sanction of Governor-General to pass this Act according to the requirement of Government of India Act, 1919s. 80-A (3).

According to U.P. High Court Amalgamation Order issued in 1948, this Chief Court of Oudh is amalgamated with High Court of Allahabad subsequently this new High Court has been conferred with jurisdiction of both courts. As per this Amalgamation Order, the Court Jurisdiction under Letters Patent and Chief Court as per Oudh Courts Act has been preserved.

In 1949 July, Governer’s Provinces (States Merger) order has been passed that was amended in 1949 United Provinces (States Merger) order whereby the individual powers of Indian States Government mentioned in this schedule that has vested in Dominion Government has been shifted to adjacent Governor’s provinces. According to the Schedule VII, the Tehri Garhwal, Benaras and Rampur states were specifies and as per Section 3, these states should be administered completely as part of absorbing province.

During January 26, 1950 republic day celebration, this High Court of Judicature at Allahabad was announced to possess jurisdiction all through entire breadth and length of Uttar Pradesh State.

According to Uttar Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2000, the Uttaranchal State and the Uttaranchal High Court was established during the midnight between November 8th and 9th 2000. Under Section 35 of this Act, the High Court at the Allahabad was ceased to possess the jurisdiction of the 13 districts that fall under the periphery of Uttaranchal State.

Currently, the sanctioned population of Judges at High Court of Judicature in Allahabad is about 160.

For Case Status: http://www.allahabadhighcourt.in/casestatus/indexL.html

For Cause List: http://www.allahabadhighcourt.in/causelist/indexL.html

 

BROWSE CITY

Utilitiy

Entertainment